SUNDUMMY - Red Waves of Tidal Siam [tzpdc 22]
Pure ambient drone bliss from SunDummy. Hot on the heels of his widely sucessful "Might Voids Collide" released through Dark Duck Records, SunDummy returns with mini-lp of warm ambient drone. Track 5 features a collaboration with Dark Duck Records founder Stephen Philips.
Source Dark Duck RecordsRun time 46:00Label / Recorded by the artist
Track 5 is a collaboration/remix project with Stephen Philips.
April 24, 2011
drizzling on the red dronish waves
1. Infinipede: the gradual build and touches in the pad are making this piece pleasant and well, yeah, Seizure inducing. (as if that was even important) This is a prefect break from my own drone developments and inspiring me to the limitlessness of affected effects.
2. Awoken From my Seizure: Is like hearing a giant hallow pipe echoing between real and unreal. The Glimmering of time fragments here and there always grows when coming "down" from a Seizure. And while the real meanings here are lost into the spiral dronings' crystal like effects, what is left is more non-surface then surface if anything at all. This is an opening into the hallow pipe's deep expressions of "mellow."
3. Red Waves of Tidal Siam: With texturing in deep rifts of sounds, this piece is "gripping" onto things that constantly change. Reminiscent of the Fripp-in-a-box loopings just more, much more dramatically droned into the deep crimson waveforms.
4. By the light of Burning Witches: Besides Mom practicing the craft at length I see the cosmic fires all night when I sleep, so... the constant industries of fire and light are mixed in this composition very well such that they keep a balanced timber to them. There is no "dragging on" of the drone in this piece which is a common fault of some drone works. The changes about minute 7 foreshadow the end of their(the burning witches) cries, somehow.
5. Awoke, Only to fall Asleep again: For in this piece it is mysterious by length and tone. The shallow drifts up and down in a chromatic slide allow for the entering into the wake state independently to the seizure effects previously created. //My advice here at minute 10-12, where the fire crackling occurs, is to use these sounds with echo effects then apply a time stretch to the sounds, the favorite thing of mine is paul's extreme sound stretching program($free) but any sound stretching process is usually interesting.
I hope this review is helpful.
William Victor Newbold aka h92o
Big Gay Al
November 11, 2005
dark drone with a twist
nice stuff here. very dark. excellent drone material.
October 26, 2005
Yeah, great. In one word. Even more relaxing than their previous full length effort. I especially like Inifinipede here, the voice and the spacey pads keep your mind adrift for the 9 minutes it lasts. Other tracks are great too. More like this please!!